About Me

My photo
I am a college student at Huntington University studying animation. I like puppies and fun.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Drawings For Senior Project

Okay so I've been super busy with my new job, which is cool because I'll be able to get a computer thanks to God's provision!  But I also realize that I must capitalize on the time I do have to draw, which I have kind of been doing, but I'm slowly building momentum.  I'm sure if I keep drawing the pace will pick up!  I have been thinking about ways to start off the piece, and I think that having some shapes at the beginning that are indicative of flowers and suns, sperms and eggs, etc, would be good to start with since those are pretty intuitively understood as being the start of life.  It'll be more complicated as the piece goes though, so I'm going to have to do some more thinking. Maybe little lines rushing around on a grid to signify the busy-ness of life as we get older or something? I don't know, but I do think linking the labyrinth "feel" and images of a lifespan are a good place to start. I'll be getting my first paycheck next week, so hopefully it'll be big enough to start shopping for some computers so I can get going on making a song!  But enough chatter, here are some pieces I've done so far. And sometime soon I will post some of the other side stuff I've been doing, regarding the rewrite of the graphic novel I did sophomore year.  And before I forget-
Artists that will be looking to for influence my style: Henri Matisse, Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Marcel Duchamp, Kurt Shwitters, Max Ernst, William De Kooning, and of course Jackson Pollock. Well, gotta go pack my lunch for tomorrow.

Love,

Benjamin Kroll

 


 







0 comments:

Post a Comment