About Me

My photo
I am a college student at Huntington University studying animation. I like puppies and fun.

Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm Doing Stuff I Promise

    Okay, so this past week or so I've been doing research and what not for my senior project!  So far, I've looked at Wikipedia (always a good jumping point) for the term labyrinth. It turns out that it's not necessarily synonymous with maze, and there's more to it than just a Minotaur. A labyrinth is a path that winds around to a center, whereas a maze is more like a puzzle that has one correct path but a bunch of different paths that are there to trick you.  In medieval times, the labyrinth was seen as an important metaphor concerning their spiritual lives, with the entrance denoting "birth" and the center being God.  I also found a movie with a very interesting format called In The Labyrinth, which features an odd arrangement of 5 screens placed in a cross.  If you want to watch a tiny bit of the original seventy-nine minute movie, you can go here:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1BT1xt6yq8
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsT-wO4Nv5I&feature=related
 
    As I was watching it, I came up with a possible idea; maybe I could relate the journey through a labyrinth to an audience by having stuff on the periphery at the beginning, right in the middle have it all come to the middle, then spread out for the last part, returning to the beginning kind of.
Oh, I also found some sweet visual DJ videos and other stuff that I'll be looking at for influencing my project.  Some I like best are here:
Color Dots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FJAr1-g-A&feature=related
Some Datamoshing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2GmE_ozLZM
Anyways, that's enough for now. If I can figure out how to get a nice scan from my scanner, I'll put up some art I've been doing.  If I don't for a while, now you know why.  It's not cuz I'm a slouch. Nope.

Love,

Benjamin

P.S. I'm also rewriting and redrawing an idea for a graphic novel I did my sophomore year.  It's about cannibals and the world going crazy.  Is it God's judgement? Or is it just in our genes? Find out soon! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment